The following full-time position is available. Interested parties may obtain an application form from the CROSS MHDS website www.crossmentalhealth.org or from any local CROSS MHDS office. See office listing below.
Please submit your completed application form and resume to Rachel Cecil CROSS MHDS CEO, PO Box 627 Knoxville IA 50138 or to Rachel.email@example.com by October 21 , 2019, at 4:30 pm.
Job Title: Children’s Behavioral Health Coordinator
Department: Mental Health-CROSS MHDS
Department Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Pay: $17.00-$25.00 per hour based on experience
The County Rural Offices of Social Services Mental Health and Disability Services Region (CROSS MHDS) is hiring a Children’s Behavioral Health Coordinator to provide system development and service coordination for children under age 18 in the CROSS MHDS Region of Iowa. CROSS serves seven counties in Southern Iowa; (Clarke, Decatur, Lucas, Marion, Monroe, Ringgold and Wayne).
- Carry out the vision to become a welcoming, hopeful, trauma-informed, and multi-occurring capable regional system, working in partnership with each other and the individuals and families we serve to make progress toward having happy hopeful lives.
- Maintain a no wrong door policy.
- Work with the CEO to assess, develop and implement a regional provider network to meet core service requirements. Administer regional plan for children’s services.
- Process applications for eligibility including determination of residency, diagnosis, service need, and financial status. Refer individuals with disabilities to apply for appropriate programs and services including, but not limited to, Medicaid, HCBS Waiver services, Social Security, core and core-plus services (as defined in Iowa Code section 331.397).
- Coordinate with other entities including the court system, law enforcement, schools, case managers, service providers, Integrated Health Homes, mental health advocate, or family/legal representatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of mental disabilities, diagnosis, and treatments.
- Knowledge of available services.
- General knowledge of Medicaid-funded programs, including core and core-plus services, disability resources, and natural supports.
- Ability to work independently.
Education Qualifications: Bachelors or higher degree in human services-related or administrative-related field or Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Iowa with at least 2 years of experience with the population served. Candidates must pass a pre-employment background check. Interested parties are encouraged to read the full job description available on the website www.crossmentalhealth.org or at the local CROSS MHDS office. This vacancy notice will be posted for a minimum of 10 days. https://crossmentalhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-APPLICATION-for-EMPLOYMENT-REVISED-CLARKE.pdf