The CROSS Region completed the 504 workgroup sessions and submitted the region’s plan for addressing service delivery, access, and continuity of services for individuals with complex mental health, substance use disorder and disability needs. An integral part of the CROSS Region’s plan is to facilitate the creation of an access center that will provide assessment, evaluation and medical clearing of individuals seeking emergency psychiatric care, and will also include the following services, 23-hour hold beds, subacute, crisis stabilization residential services, peer support counseling, warm line, mobile crisis services and coordination services to link with the ACT and ISTART programs operating within the region
It is the purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) to solicit a respondent(s) to implement an Access Center that will provide crisis assessment, evaluation and medical clearing of individuals seeking emergency psychiatric care and will also include:
- Psychiatric Subacute Services,
- 23-hour hold beds,
- Crisis stabilization residential services,
- Peer support counseling,
- Peer warm line,
- mobile crisis services,
- Care coordination services, and
- Development of policies and procedures to work closely with the CROSS RHD ACT program and ISTART programs operating within the region.
CROSS expects the successful implementation of the access center and coordination of services will:
- Improve access to crisis services,
- Reduce the utilization of medical emergency departments for mental health crisis,
- Reduce incarceration of individuals in crisis,
- Improve the quality of crisis care for individuals seeking mental health crisis services,
- Reduce inpatient hospitalization of individuals with a mental health or substance abuse disorder; and
- Improve outcomes for complex needs individuals with mental health, substance abuse and disability.
CROSS also expects the utilization of evidenced-based practices (EBP) as part of the access center’s operational structure. The EBP’s thought to be most relevant are:
- Strength Based Case Management (To be utilized with Crisis Stabilization Residential Services, Sobering Center, 23-hour hold beds until referral to other appropriate services can be obtained.) (i.e. ACT, ISTART, IHH, waiver or habilitation services).
- Integrated Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment
- Family Psycho-education
- Illness Management Recovery (Utilized with Crisis Stabilization Residential Services and Peer Support Counseling services.) (The intent is for peer support specialists to take the IMR training and be involved in implementation.)
Please see the attached documents for more information regarding this RFP: